Mission Statement

God calls Christiansburg Presbyterian Church to be a welcoming, loving, and diverse community that offers people the opportunity to journey toward the fullest expression of their Christian faith.


A Short History of Our Church

    This congregation was organized by Lexington Presbytery on October 9, 1827, with a charter membership of 41 persons.

   The first house of worship was located on what is now a part of the county courthouse parking lot at First and South Franklin streets.  In 1853, the present Sanctuary was built, and educational units were added in 1901, 1927, and 1986.  Major renovations took place in 1947, and in 1975.  In 1989, the congregation purchased the former Lester property at the corner of West Main and Dunkley streets for expanded ministry to the community.

   In 1977, as a part of the 150th anniversary of the organizing of the congregation, the Sanctuary unit was designated a Virginia Landmark and a National Historic Landmark.

   We are a member congregation of the Presbytery of the Peaks, of the Synod of the Mid-Atlantic, and of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).

   For more detailed information about our church, copies of our award-winning history book, Baptized Into One Body:  The First 165 Years of Christiansburg Presbyterian Church, written by church member, Monty S. Leitch, are available in the church office.

God calls Christiansburg Presbyterian Church to be a welcoming, loving, and diverse community that offers people the opportunity to journey toward the fullest expression of their Christian faith
 
© 2017 Christiansburg Presbyterian Church
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community